Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Monday, May 31, 2010

We Are On Our Way!

       I woke up this morning (Sunday) about 4:45 and could not go back to sleep. Those perpetual butterflies were really flying around and I had so many thoughts racing through my mind. I decided to just get up and Nordic Track one last time before we left! By the time I was finished (well before 6am all my guys were awake and ready to GO to China!

       It has been such an adventure already! I was a little worried when 22 minutes out of Ellicott City (in the car on the way to Dulles) Patrick and Christopher began the chorus of, “How long ‘til we get there??” Uhhh, about 16 hours! But once we got to the airport they were thrilled with the shuttle bus ride to the airport from long-term parking and the train ride to our concourse. And of course, just watching all the hustle and bustle in the airport was interesting to them.

        

       We have been incredibly blessed so far by all the people the Lord has put in our path so far: the couple in the shuttle bus with us who adopted their daughter who is now 20, the sweet Chinese lady I met in line to check our bags who wound up sitting right behind me on a packed flight, the guy who gave up his seat so we could have another aisle, and last but not least, the flight attendant who switched two of our seats that were across the aisle and back several rows so that we could all be together! Wow, God! Thank you for being with us even in these little details which can mean so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment