Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Where does the time go?

Wow!  I can't believe we just celebrated Catherine's Fourth gotcha' day  on June 2nd, and that Lucy is coming up on one whole year of being home with us!!!  Her very FIRST gotcha' day is August 5th!  I really don't know where or how to begin this post so much time has elapsed and so much has happened.  But as with all of our lives, it all begins and ends with God's grace...His pure grace, and for this I am exceedingly grateful.

Starting with the newest member of our family, Lucy is now doing beautifully!  After about three months of very painful rejection, she has embraced me as her new Mommy and truly loves me.  It still brings tears to my eyes when she expresses that love in words or deeds as it was a hard fought battle to get here!  often now she will actually ask for me, throwing her little arms around my neck and giving real hugs!  She has brought me flowers (once insisting Stan take her to the store to buy Mommy purple flowers, my favorite color!), drawn me countless pictures, and made me many creations out of boxes, paper, and tape!  Does this child LOVE tape :)  Of course she still is Daddy's girl (Catherine too!), and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Although if I am brutally honest, in my own selfish desire to be loved, I still can have a twinge of jealousy when he is chosen over me.  But I am so, so grateful for the amazing, wonderful Dad he is to all five of our children...Next year we are  looking forward to LOTS more Mommy/Lucy time with all the others back in school for the first time after seven years of home schooling.  We have her signed up for gymnastics and are already plotting and planning trips to the mall, the park, and lots of fun time with friends :)

Next is Catherine, who just celebrated her fourth Gotcha' Day!  She is becoming a beautiful young girl, and continues to have the most bubbly, happy personality (except of course when she's unhappy and turns into whiny girl :)  Seriously, she is so joyful and so much in love with her entire family, it is a picture of God's  love for all of us.  Not a day passes when she doesn't tell us how much she loves us and is so happy we adopted her!  She is dancing in her first ballet/tap recital this week end and will be part of a drama camp this summer putting on the show "Annie."  I think we may have a true "Drama Queen" on our hands!  She is so looking forward to starting school in the fall, and I know will bless her class immeasurably.  I'm not sure how I'm going to survive without her at home...

The boys are all growing like weeds, and I can't believe I am actually the mama of three such handsome young men.   Peter is 16, Patrick is getting ready to turn 13, and Christopher is 10.  Peter has been at Chapelgate Christian Academy this year and done very well despite some adjustment pains.  He is composing some pretty amazing electronic music, and I think has found the passion he wants to pursue in life...just hoping he can find a way to afford it :)  Patrick continues to be the swimmer in the group...never wanting to miss a practice despite how rigorous it is.  To the watching world it seems as if he is the quiet one, but we at home all know differently!!!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for him next year!  He is especially looking forward to helping out with the younger kids at school which is really his gift; he helps  and plays with his younger siblings constantly, and I am so thankful for this.  Finally, our gregarious Christopher is still the history/geography/trivia buff as well as reader extraordinaire!  I have to admit that of all the kiddos, he and I tend to struggle...it's that controlling, strong-willed personality thing...but God is growing both of us.

As a family, we  are looking forward to hosting two orphan boys from China the month of July.   I will post more soon on that, but please pray for us during this busy time and also contact us if you have ANY interest or know of anyone who may, in adopting internationally.  These kids all need forever families to just love on them and fulfill their extraordinary potential!

God has been so faithful to our family over this past year in all the trials and joys!  To Him be all the glory forever and ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment