Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Friday, October 1, 2010

Post-Op Update


Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.  It has been a great encouragement to us.    

The surgery went very well and ended a little early.  Catherine looked pretty sad at first but is resting well now.  Her heart rate is slightly elevated and has been running a low fever.  The doctors are watching these but are not too concerned.  She hasn't lost all of her sense of humor yet.  When I wasn't looking at her, she kicked my hand a few times to get my attention and gave me a little smile.

Christina and I have split into shifts.  I did the night-shift last night and Chris is on tonight.  I think it is a little hard on the guys at home but they are understanding.  Thank goodness for Nonnie (Christina’s mom) who has been holding down the fort.  My parents are waiting in the wing to step in also.

Surgeons are truly incredible people.  I have operated on some incredibly complex mechanisms but to have the confidence to operate on another human being astounds me; especially neurosurgery.  Most body parts seem fairly explainable, but the brain and nervous system are so mysterious.  Dr. Jallo, Catherine’s neurosurgeon, is very pleasant, confident and looks as if he truly enjoys his profession.  The nurses have been great too.  I can’t say enough good about the Hopkins staff. 

Anyway, we can't wait for Catherine to be back to her normal joyous self.  For now we will have to keep her calm and flat on her back for 3 days.  Please keep praying for all of us.

Sleep Well
Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment