Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Consulate and countdown to HOME!!!

Today marks our 11th day since leaving home and we are all really feeling it!  At 8:30 this morning I took a pledge in front of an officer of the US Consulate in Guangzhou...the final important step in receiving Lucy's Visa to enter the US and become an American citizen upon entering the country at Dulles Airport.  Hallelujah, we will be on our way in just one more day after today!  These last couple of days have been the absolute hardest.  I have come down with some strange rash which is most likely an allergic reaction to something...who knows what!  It looks horrible, and is covering about 70% of my body and is pretty uncomfortable and itchy.  I have bought what I think is cortisone cream but it is not doing a whole lot.  The kids are all struggling as we all just want to be HOME!  Lucy gets SO frustrated with us that she can't communicate her needs/wants.  Last night we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and finally got her some rice and she was ecstatic!  I have never seen anyone shovel rice in their mouth as quickly as this child did!  Even when she is at her worst, she has us all laughing in the next minute with her antics.  Talking to Stan last night, she actually said "I love you" followed by "Bye, bye, Baba!"  Too sweet!  Can't wait to get her home and acclimated to her new home.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support!  I have not been able to post to Facebook myself, but I have been receiving your comments and thoughts and they are really keeping me going!  This is from my devotional today:  "Come to me when you are weak and weary.  Rest snugly in my everlasting arms.  Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been."  I am SO grateful to have a God that understands and is with me!!!  And also for family and friends :)





No comments:

Post a Comment