Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Monday, August 12, 2013

Final Day in China!!!

 
We are almost there!  Today is our final day in China, and we are so excited to be going home soon!  After a leisurely breakfast (my last for awhile with someone bringing me my coffee:), we wandered out in the gardens to enjoy our last steamy morning in Guangzhou.  I made my reluctant photographer take a few pictures in the hotel gardens; I only wish he would have let me take some pictures of him.  Peter, like all of us, is feeling very done with this trip; but it is my prayer that we can enjoy these last moments together making memories and finish strong!  Our plan today is just to hang out at the beautiful pool and go to bed early as we have to be up for an extremely early morning checkout time of 5:45 am.  Today we all slept in until almost 8, so I fear we will have a rough time getting up.  We have MANY hours ahead of us of idle flying and waiting, so I am hoping at least the girls may sleep through a lot of the trip home.  We have an eight hour layover in Beijing before boarding our 14 hour flight home to Dulles; but the good news is it is a direct flight and when we step off the plane in Dulles we are HOME and Lucy Rui Yuan is an American citizen!  Please continue to pray for my health, safe travels, and smooth transitions throughout our travels (from airplanes to customs and immigration).  Again, I can't tell you how blessed I feel by all your prayers and thoughts!  Knowing people are thinking about and praying for us has truly kept me going these last few days especially.  Can't wait to post again from Ellicott City!!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment