Pages

BigPic

BigPic

Friday, August 9, 2013

Some Pictures/Waiting in Guangzhou


Seems like we've been here forever and I can't tell you how much I miss Stan and the boys!  We are sort of on our own for the weekend as we wait for our consulate appointment on Monday to finalize the Visa stuff.  I am fighting a jealous spirit as I have met several families that have guides shuttling them around the area, and we are pretty much left on our own until Monday.  We are trying to plan a couple things, but I have to say I feel a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of navigating taxis and tourist areas with a reluctant teen and two little girls.  "Lucy" is doing very well over all but is still not too sure about this new, weird Mama and can be a handful.  She is very independent and does not like to hold my hand or stay really close to me, so I worry about losing her!  Please pray that these next couple of days pass quickly so that we can get HOME!
On a positive note the TB test came back negative so no x-ray was needed, and there will be nothing medical holding us up.
 
Finally, today (actually tomorrow in the US) is Patrick's 12th birthday!  Happy Birthday to my amazing, sweet boy....I miss you like crazy!!!!!
 
 
 Waiting at the airport in Hefei
 
 



 The Garden Hotel in Guangzhou
 


1 comment:

  1. Things will get better, Christina! Lucy is toooo cute! She will come to trust you and...yes...love you! Honestly, after we first got Shane, he would wake up and look at us each morning like "oh no...they're still here." Then he would lay back down :). Such a different and loving boy now! As to exploring, Have the hotel desk write down where you want to go on the back of their business card and skip,on over to Shamian to shop. The card will get you back too! Home is just around the corner! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete